When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Friday, December 31, 2010

For the record: 2011 goals

Well, I have abandoned this blog for almost 2 years, but i still have opinions so i might as well go back to sharing them.
2010 was a good year for me. my long term goals are mostly on hold as I complete medical school clinical rotations and my life is consumed with academics. I have done well in all my classes so far and did well on Step 1 boards so academics are going well.

Financially I made less money but also spent a lot less money. I have not been able to do much work but my free food and housing easily makes up for that. I had no losses in the stock market this year and my modest investments grew at a rate that outpaced the interest on my student loans so my paying forward strategy is working well.

on the social front, my mother seems to be happily remarried and i have made efforts to improve my relationship with my sister. I have been visiting friends from high school and college to stay in touch despite my busy schedule. I also reached out to other relatives and visited my grandparents in florida.

as for life goals, I delivered a baby (6 in fact), scrubbed into surgery and

without further rambling, here are my 2011 goals:


-choose a specialty and apply for residency
-take the Step 2 boards and score as high as I did on Step 1
-honor at least half of my clinical rotations
-return to tutoring
-loose the 15lbs I gained in 2010
-travel to a foreign country
- watch at least 25 movies, read at least 5 books (not tb's), go to at least 5 concerts.
- at least 50 blog posts

well that was not very ambitious but it will keep me very, very busy

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home