When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Dateline 1/31/06

This is another very busy week, and my life still seems to be in neutral. I was surprised early this week when Drexel Universitiy's medical masters progam called up to schedule an interview for Thusday. It is a phone interview but I am optimistic, as it was offered as soon as they got my application, which means that I was not wait-listed (as at every other program). Drexel also has the best of these such programs in my opinion, as it allows you to take 1st year classes with medical students and also allows you to travsfer to its research engineering program which is in line with what I am doing now. If they tender an acceptance offer, in the next few weeks, it is going to be hard to rationalize a serious job search, however. Speaking of the job search, I did take two steps this week. First, I met with a job finding consultant, which was arranged by the college. This resulted in a better resume and some new strategies. One of those strategies was to send/post my resume to dozens of online job boards and career placement services. That was the second step in my job serach so far. I also had an almni networking session at the end of last week and a career fair on friday that might yield some opportunities. At this point though, I can't say that I have seen any job openings that I really wanted, that I knew would be a dream job. Anyway, the serach continues.
Classes are great this semester, practically no work in any of them, yet they are interesting and I am actually learning something. Today BE 565 had Prof Sir Kornsberg give a guest lecture on metabolism processes, several of which he helped discover. good stuff. anyway, I need some sleep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home