When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Dateline 1/5

Well I have made it back to Boston. I am glad to have gotten out of Rochester, If only for the simple reason that the sun did not come out the entire time I was there. This is not an exageration, It was overcast for over 20 straight days. When the airplane broke through the clouds on the flight home, people started clapping...
Now that I am back in Boston, However, the work is going to start. In the mornings, I am going to move furniture for the office of housing to make some money, then I am catching the shuttle to the Medical Campus to work in the image processing lab. I am currently sorting, reprocesing and verifying every data set in the lab. This will take at least two weeks, but since everyone else is on vacation,(even the director for a few days), I will have the place to myself so I can use all 5 workstations at a time and It will go a lot faster.
Also on my to-do list this week is to open a stock market account and begin investing. I have over $30K in student loans but only a few thousand in my trust fund which aparently matured on Jan 1 of this year. I figure that if the loans are not compounding interest for at least 6 more months, any money I can make investing with the trust money will reduce the principle on the loans so I am going to buy some stocks and see what happens.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home