When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Dateline 12/18

Well, it has been an interesting semester. I have just been to busy to write any entries to this page. Now that it is over, I will reflect on where my life is at the moment.

I finished applying to medical schools in September. So far about half have rejected me, the rest have simply not said anything. This situation does not look good. To finance medical school (if I get in) I am looking to get a military scholarship, hopefully with the air force. The military prospects look good, I passed the physical and said the right things, yet I still need to get into a school first.

The main thing that has been taking up my time recently has been my Sr. project. I am working in the image processing lab at the Boston Medical Center's Radiology Dept on a system that will date the brain from an MRI scan. It is actually a very complicated and time consuming project that will involve basic research to quantify the effects of aging of the brain and use these results for analysis. I have been putting 10 hrs a week on it and plan to at least double that next semester. It is on schedule at the moment and I have been getting good feedback on it so far. Unfortunately, the other demands of Sr. project class such as entrepreneurship seminars and presentations have been taking up even more of my time. The time seems to be well spent however, as I got high marks on my presentation and the Department chair gave a good grade on the proposal. Some other entry will describe the project in more detail.

My other class work went well and I should be in line for one of my better semesters when the grades clear next week. Medical imaging was an interesting class and Logic and Infectious diseases were both very easy. I hope that the grades will be good …

The only other things I have been doing his semester are my boring work-study job at the fitness room and helping plan events for the pre-medical society. Both endeavors have been uneventful and time-consuming, pretty much as I expected. Anyway, I need some sleep…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home