When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Monday, December 26, 2005

Dateline 12/26

Christmas came and passed uneventfully. I went to church, rounding out the second of my two yearly appearances. In family news, one of my cousins got engaged and no body died this year, so things are going well there.
As far as gifts go, I got a folding chair*, a towel set*, two light and finder keyrings*, an eyeglass washer, books*, exercise pants (3 sizes too big)*, underwear, a dress shirt, jeans, a music trivia DVD game, a Family Guy DVD, cash, and gift certificates to Circuit City and Staples. At circuit city, I just got some headphones and blank CD's, and I will probably exchange the chair and the towels (both of which I already have) for some more clothes. Not bad overall, considering that the only person in my immediate family who buys gifts is my mother and she is notoriously bad at it. As evidenced by the above list, extended family did not disappoint either. I feel bad because the only gifts I gave was a sheet set and a bathroom shelving unit (that didn't fit) to my parents (they recently remodeled their bathroom and bedroom). I also gave my sister a bottle of rum and she jumped around and hugged me, but I kind of felt guilty about that one(it is technically a crime, afterall). I guess at this point in my life, it is alright to receive a lot more than I give.




*returned and exchanged (also one of the keyrings)


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home