When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Dateline 1/14/06

My parents have sent a few things my way this week. These included spring semester tuition and loan stuff (opened but of course not paid), a playboy magazine and a letter that my grandmother has Parkinson's disease. Now as far as my grandmother, she has been immobile for a while so it is not reall a major deal, although I get the feeling that I should go visit them sometime this year. Now my parents haven't dropped a penny on my college tuition and frequently open my mail, so that is not really a surprise either, but the playboy mag is strange. I have never gotten anything like that from them before, and as for why they sent that, I figure that either they are 1. trying to send me a message, or 2. they have finally lost their minds. As for the message...well...maybe they want me to strip to pay for college? Maybe knock up some slut to get them some grand children? I am at a loss on this one, but I did send my mom and email asking for clarification, so that should be good...I am actually going for the losing their mind theory at the moment. I can just see my mom going up to the highshool kid at the drugstore counter to check that out...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home