When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Dateline 1/10

So far this year is going pretty well. The lab work has been taking longer than I had hoped but it is also proving to be easier. If only I could say the same for my life. I am finally coming to terms with the fact that I am not going to get into medical school. I may address the reasons why in another post, but suffice to say I am not happy about it. It also leaves me to ponder the huge question of what I am going to do after May. (and for the rest of my life for that matter) I figure my two best options are to get a job in engineering or to go into a 1 yr. masters program and give the MD thing another try next year. Other possabilities include research, the millitary, or working full time for AHRC or in some other health related field. So far this week I have applied to 3 MS programs and also notified the engineering career office to start a job serach for medical imaging positions. I guess I will just wait and see what happens

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home