When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Friday, January 20, 2006

Dateline : 1/20/06

It is going to be a great semester. My schedule consists of 3 graduate seminar-type classes (think no labs, no midterms, and no homework), linear algebra (100 level math class) and my Sr. Project. All the seminar classes are interesting, and my Sr. project is coming along at a good pace.
In other news, I am helping to launch a publicity and recruitment campaign for Peer Health Exchange, a new not-for-profit group that recruits and trains college students to teach high school health classes. It is a great idea, and a very well planned operation, so I joined. I really just can't say no to a good cause. Anyway, this is probably going to be more of a time commitment than I thought. I am pretty good at marketing though. I arranged table tents for the entire campus yesterday and plan to flyer the entire neighborhood early next week.
As for my future, I am revving up the search to find something to do next year. Next week I have meetings with both the ENG Career counselors and the Pre-med advising office next week. I intend to solicit several manufactures of medical imaging equipment for a job, and also squeeze the graduate schools I have applied to for a definite yes or no answer. We will see where that gets me…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home