When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Friday, May 19, 2006

Dateline 5/19/06

Well, its official, I have graduated from college.  The commencement was during the biggest rain storm in 70 years, so we got wet.  The ceremony was great though, and it went off without a hitch.  Speaker Dean Kamen pointed out that there were more graduates in this country last year with degrees in sports management than in engineering.  Guess that’s why were better in spots than India..
I am also settling into my new apartment.  My supposed roommate seems to have pulled out last weekend, but that hasn’t really effected me (other than giving me more room and quiet time).  Anyway, I got a desk and a futon and unpacked all my stuff, and so far so good.  I have started learning the area and went shopping in the area yesterday.  I also went jogging this afternoon.

I start working in my new job on Monday, but I wanted to finish up things at the imaging lab.  I am hoping to publish 2 papers on my Sr. project work.  I got a chilly reception however, including a talk about how you can't name things you create after yourself (others have to name them after you) and the Lab director claiming he was having second thoughts about coauthoring the papers with me (but he will support me to publish the work myself).  Anyway, hopefully I can wrap that work up soon and get some kinds of credit for a yeas worth of work.  I have put so much effort into something I think is interesting, it would be a shame if noone else sees it.    

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home