When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Dateline 4/29/06

It has been an amazing couple of days. Yesterday I successfully gave my Sr. project presentation. It went well; I did not mess up or forget anything. I think it was well received but everyone always complements you after this sort of thing so it was hard to tell. It feels great to be done. I have 3 mostly trivial finals (including an open book and a 100 - level math class) standing between me and an engineering degree. The months of fear and encouragement that are used to push BME students through the Sr. project conference has left me feeling like I can conquer the world. The chairman's flare for the dramatic also has me feeling like I love this program and am proud to be a part of it. It will be a few months before the reality sets in when I am laboring in a certificate program at a crappy university because my hard work resulted in a low GPA and I can't even get an interview for medical school. I suppose that the only way to build a reputation is for a department to care more about its national ranking and faculty research credentials than its students. Well at least the education was great and I can say that I learned a lot and met a lot of great people.
Also this week, I found a great sublet for the summer. While trying to procrastinate finishing my Sr project, I went trolling Craig's List for temporary apts. and found the one that I was looking for. The place is in Medford and me and my friend Ryan will be sharing it with a laid back Harvard math dept. employee and her young daughter. The price was pretty good and the place is great, so I will be moving in hopefully around the end of next week. I need to pack my stuff...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home