When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Dateline 3/5

last night was good. My future roomate and a bunch of his friends came over to party with us but there were very few people around as most BU students have gone home already. So we played poker awhile, did quite a bit of drinking, and just hung around and had a good time.
First day of spring break, and all I did was work. This morning I had a two-hour meeting with the professor that I do research with to try to find a direction for the latest project that I am working on. This whole thing is a big database that contains all the abnormalities in the genome that are related to mental illness. The list was compiled by another student over the summer and as part of graduates student in psychology, and now we are just refining it to try to do some statistical analysis. This is all really just tedious make work stuff, but this year that's all I really have time for.
After that I came back and worked a 3 hour shift at the fitness room and sat there by myself because nobody came down to exercise, except for one guy who then lost his cell phone. well that is the last I have to do that for the least eight days so I am pretty happy, although I don't know how I am going to stay in shape.
On another note, I have got my voice dictation program working, and am using it to write this entry. This makes it much easier to make entries because I have never who learned how to type properly and it takes me awhile. This should also make my future entries much longer and more involved.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home