When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Friday, February 18, 2005

Dateline 2/18

A good end to a boring week, but at least spring is finally here (I can see water in the Charles as of Thursday) This has been a pretty good day. After sleeping in by about 2 hrs, I got up in time to go on a tour of BU’s new athletic complex. WOW! It is incredible. Almost worth the $120 mil. they spent on it. The 5 story facility includes among other things, Olympic size swimming facilities, an indoor lazy river, dozens of basketball and squash courts, the longest indoor track I have ever seen (partially suspended above the B-Ball courts), and tons of fitness equipment. Unfortunately one of the officials there admitted that it won’t be open until April first because of some construction set backs and some problems with training staff. If I were a senior, I would be pissed…

Getting back from this I realized I was completely out of clothing so I made my monthly trip to the laundry room and did no fewer than 4 loads of laundry. Anyway I had to leave that early and go to a review class for control systems, which was naturally scheduled at the same time as a Fedora developers conference. The Photonics building was therefore mobbed with weirdest, dorkiest people on earth. And I only noticed this because they stood out from the usual nerds that populate the place 24/7 (like me). This wasn’t a problem until I tried to mooch some free refreshments and they actually yelled at me. I am now officially stopping trying to get BU Linux to run on my computer (fedora is the crappiest kind of Linux I have ever tried by the way).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home