When an subject is controversial, one cannot hope to tell the truth. One can only show how one came to hold whatever opinion one does hold. One can only give one's audience the the chance of drawing their own conclusions as they observe the limitations, the predjudices, the idiosyncracies of the speaker.

- Virginia Woolf

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Dateline 2/13

Today was a good day for getting things done. After oversleeping and blowing off covering someone else’s shift at work, I finally got over to microcenter and replaced my broken mouse. Then I finished a paper that is due Tuesday about Hawthorne’s story “The Artist of the Beautiful”. We had to take Freudian Psychology principles and analyze it, which turned out to be pretty easy, even though I am not a big fan of Freud. I also put the finishing touches on this phase of the informatics project I am working on. Basically it is a list of all the human chromosomal abnormalities associated with schizophrenia (along with a bunch of other mental conditions). I had to subdivide it by type of mutations and conditions and then make graphs based on their relative frequencies. After that, I got a bunch of new songs off of i2 hub to try to listen to some new music. I really don’t get to listen to the radio any more so every month or so I go to the website of a station I used to like and download the songs that are on their playlist. I also arranged for my old scoutmaster (who is now a family friend) to write me a med board recommendation letter to make up for the one that AHRC has supposedly lost. Well time to go watch adult swim…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home